Chipotle Chicken Pasta Bake
Was in the mood to be creative last night. LOL This what I came up with and my family LOVED it. It is quite hot for me anyway LOL I served it with a Pepper cornbread.You can switch up the cheeses to suit your taste. I added the juice from the chipoltes a teaspoon at a time until I got the heat I wanted , ended up using it all LOL
- Ready In:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed into bite size pieces
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 2 1⁄2 cups elbow macaroni (this is the uncooked measure)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) can chipotle peppers, drained and chopped SAVE the juice
- 2⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) can corn, drained
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup nacho chip, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup cheese
- In the 1/2 cup hot water soak the sundried tomatoes until soft, discard water and chop the tomatoes. Chop all other ingredients and shred the cheese.
- Cook elbow pasta , drain and set aside.While pasta is cooking heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a LARGE skillet and brown chicken until no longer pink and it has a golden colour, remove from pan add extra oil if needed and saute the celery, garlic and onion.
- Once these are softened remove from pan . Melt butter in same pan , scraping up any brown bits, wisk in flour and cumin and cook until it bubbles and gets a bit foamy , slowly wisk in the milk, cook until it thickens add the cheeses EXCEPT the 1/2 cup listed at the bottom of the recipe. Stir until melted over a low heat add the sundried tomatoes and chilpotles cook for a couple minutes for the flavours to meld. Add the liquid from the canned chilpotles a couple teaspoons at a time to suit your taste. Add pasta, chicken, corn and cooked veggies. Mix well .Pour into a large casserole . I used a 2 quart oval casserole.
- Top with the crushed nachos and cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This thing is freaking delicious!!! Couldn't find sun-dried tomatoes, so I ended up cutting some fresh tomatoes for this recipe. Someone in my family can't handle spicy food, so I only added one chipotle pepper from a can into the mixture, then used chipotle chili pepper to make up for the flavor. My family LOVED it! Will make it again!Reply