- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 lb thick slab bacon, rind removed (cut into 1/4-inch cubes)
- 10 ounces can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄2 red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon pureed chipotle chile
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- In large skillet, heat the oil over medium.
- Add the bacon, then reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for about 7 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Transfer the bacon to a paper-towel-line plate to drain excess fat.
- In a medium bowl, toss the tomatoes, onion and chipotle puree.
- Stir in the bacon, lime juice and black pepper.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I want to thank all of you who review the recipes I post - good or bad. It's always good to get feedback and helpful tips and I really appreciate them all! I try to send a note when someone reviews one of my recipes, but I don't always get the chance. Please know that I really enjoy reading the reviews. I also love all the photos everyone posts, too! Thanks so much. Happy Cooking!