Chipotle-Bacon Breakfast Sandwich
Break your fast with this spectacular meal. I love a breakfast meal at any time of the day. When we made this for some special people - they couldn't get it down fast enough! cuisinerecipes.com - Cuisine at home eRECIPES, April 1, 2010.
- Ready In:
FOR THE BACON
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced canned chipotle chiles, peppers (in adobo sauce)
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
FOR THE SALSA
- 1⁄4 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup peeled peeled pitted and sliced avocado
- 1 tablespoon sliced scallion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of, a
- ground black pepper
FOR THE SANDWICHES
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- 2 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- Cook bacon in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp;.remove bacon, pour off drippings, then add brown sugar, chipotle peppers, and vinegar to skillet.
- Return skillet to burner and simmer glaze over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add bacon; turn strips to coat with glaze & remove glazed bacon from skillet and keep it warm; wipe out skillet.
- Combine tomatoes, avocado, scallions, cilantro, mayonnaise, lime juice, and pepper for the salsa in a small bowl; set aside.
- Cook eggs in butter in same nonstick skillet over medium heat until whites are set; season with pepper.
- Break yolks, flip eggs, and cook another minute. Top eggs with cheese; cover skillet for 1 minute to melt cheese.
- Arrange two strips of bacon on bottom of each kaiser roll.
- Add cheese-topped egg, salsa, and top of kaiser rolls.