Chinese Sweet and Sour Spareribs Vegetarian
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A chinese Vegetarian Sparerib recipe to keep the Vegetarian Pork recipe company. Original from about.com. Actually.. it's vegan.
- Ready In:
- 10 -12 cups water, for boiling walnuts
- 4 teaspoons salt, for boiling walnuts
- 3 ounces fresh shelled walnuts
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon oil, for stir-frying
- 6 ounces pineapple slices
- 1⁄2 cup sweet and sour sauce
- 1 medium carrot, shredded, for garnish
- Bring 5 to 6 cups water with 2 teaspoons salt to a boil and boil for 5 minutes. Drain. Using cold water repeat one more time. Drain and cool.
- Chop peppers.
- Mix cornstarch with the water and set aside. [If lumpy. well there are such things as blenders -- ].
- Add 1 tbsp oil to wok and heat.
- Add walnuts when hot ans stir fry briefly then add the peppers and the pineapple.
- Stir in the sauce.
- Restir the corn starch mixture and add. Mix. It will thicken and serve hot garnished with the carrot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION