Chinese Rice Cakes
So you went out for Chinese food last night, and came home with a big box of leftover fried rice. You want to use it, but just don't want to have the same meal yet again. These little cakes are great to pack in your lunchbox, or just enjoy straight out of the pan with a dipping sauce.
- Ready In:
- If your rice has any large items (like whole shrimp) pull these out and chop into small pieces. Add back to rice.
- Put rice in a mixing bowl. Add egg, and mix to coat rice. If the rice is not well coated, add another egg.
- Stir in flour. The mixture should be fairly loose, but not runny.
- Heat enough oil to coat the bottom of a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Drop the rice mixture by tablespoons into hot oil. Gently flatten each spoonful with the back of a spoon, so that it is about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cook until the bottom is golden brown, then flip and cook the other side.
- Remove to a rack covered with paper towels to drain any excess oil.
- Serve immediately with your choice of dipping sauce, or cool completely before adding to your bento box.