Chinese Radish Salad
The tangy taste of radishes wakes up this salad! Adapted from Vegetarian Times cookbook. Cook time is marinating time.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1⁄2 cup radish, sliced thinly
- 1 carrot, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 2 cups alfalfa sprouts (I use half lentil sprouts)
- salt and pepper
- Combine radishes and carrot in a shallow container. Whisk the soy sauce, vinegar, honey, oil and hot pepper sauce together in a small bowl. Pour over the radishes and carrot. Cover and marinate in fridge for 1 hour minimum.
- Just before serving, place the alfalfa sprouts on a small serving dish and arrange the radishes and carrots on top. Salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
- Serves 4.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
What an unusual salad...I would never of thought to mix radishes and carrots together in a soy mixture...with that said...this was really yummy...I did let my salad marinate overnight...I don't think that was smart...my radishes took on a dark hue due to liquid mixture..,both the carrots and radishes were very tender and lost their crispness...I think I would have preferred the bite to the veggies...I also use clove sprouts...because I had a hard time finding alpha sprouts...overall a very tasty and one of a kind type of salad...thanks for posting it...=)