Chinese Peanut Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup good peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup water (hot)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- cayenne (if peanut butter is unsalted)
- Place peanut butter in a small bowl.
- Add the hot water and stir patiently with a spoon or a small whisk until uniformly mixed.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate.
- Let it come to room temperature before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
My college age son loves to fix ramen noodles with soy sauce, sriracha and peas for a quick, cheap meal. We tried this recipe to add peanut sauce to the meal and both loved it for simplicity and availability of ingredients. Used garlic powder and added sriracha -- sauce was ready before the noodles were!
I made this to go with Recipe# 117423, the sauce was great. I used both sauces with the original recipe and enjoyed them both. I did use rice vinegar vs cider as I thought it would blend better. I'll definitely make it again, loved it. I can also see this used on other dishes as well. Very very nice. Thx, Kim
I had made this dip to go with Recipe #117523 and it was so delicious. I too put it all in a mason jar and just shaked it. The fresh cilantro really made a nice addition. As well I used rice vinegar because I had no more cider vinegar. Couldn't stop double dipping it was so wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing Sharon123