Chinese Five Spice Chicken Salad
photo by marypatlaver
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs baked chicken (roughly one rotisserie chicken boned, skinned & diced)
- 5 scallions, chopped finely
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 3 celery ribs, finely diced
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five spice powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Debone rotisserie chicken & cut into roughly 1/2" pieces.
- Finely dice all of the vegetables.
- Combine chicken & vegetables in a large mixing bowl. Add salt, all spices & lime juice. Mix with a large spoon to combine well. This is best when allowed to sit overnight for the flavors to combine.
- Serve on baguette slices, pita chips or crackers. If your diet low carb like mine, this is lovely on tomato slices.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!