MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Authentic chinese dumpling recipe. These are sure to rival any you've had in asian eateries. Worth the time it takes to wrap them up. You can mix it up by adding different meats. Great for parties and get togethers.
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) package dumpling wrappers
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 cups Chinese cabbage
- 1⁄4 cup onion
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sesame seed oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons chicken soup base
- Finely dice cabbage and onions.
- Mix all the filling ingredients together except the cabbage, add cabbage only when you’re about to wrap it.
- Fill and fold wrappers in half. Pinch sides to ensure they won't break open during cooking.
- Put enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan, layer the jiao zi, and then brown the bottom (should take about 1 minute or until the bottom of the jiao zi is brown with highest heat),
- Add one tablespoon of water and cover the pan quickly to let the jiao zi be cooked by the steam.
- Turn the stove to medium until they are cooked (roughly two or three minutes at least). If you’re not sure if they’re cooked, taste one and see.
- Enjoy :-).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION