Chinese Chicken Salad
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 1 bag Coleslaw (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 package ramen noodles, crushed
- 1 can mandarin orange, drained
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- Yoshida gourmet sauce
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt & pepper
- Dressing: Combine the sugar, vinegars, oil, salt& pepper and soy sauce and mix well.
- Marinate the chicken in the gourmet sauce for a couple hours before adding to the salad.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together and add the chicken and dressing.
- Don't add the ramen noodles until just before serving or they will lose their crunch.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Sorry, but we really didn\'t think this was a very good dressing. It took a lot of doctoring up to where we could use it. I don\'t think recipes using soy sauce need additional salt. We added some sesame oil, fresh ginger, brown sugar,green onions and cilantro. Then it tasted pretty good. But to each his own, this clearly had good reviews, which is why I chose it. I would however, compliment your suggestion to toss the cooked chicken in that Yoshida\'s marinade. That part was very tastey.
This was wonderful!! I made it for a visiting sister-in-law, who is also a home economics teacher, so I wanted to make an good impression. I poached and shredded some chicken breast and put the dressing together ahead of time. When we got home from the airport, I tossed it all together, and voila! An delicious lunch was on the table in less than 10 minutes. She asked for the recipe . . . this one's a keeper!
We loved this salad. Easy to prepare and delicious. Excellent on a hot summer night. I have made it twice and both times I've used 2 cans of oranges, extra chicken and slaw. The dressing works out perfect! Next time I make it I think I with use green onions. Thanks for posting this wonderful summer dish!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a recent widow and am trying to find my way in life without my DH. I am blessed with many great friends and my sister and brothers who I love very much. I love to cook to entertain and feed my friends and family whenever I can. My interests are running, tennis and working out. I have a crazy little cat named Lucy who keeps me entertained - that is her picture you see on my page.