Chinese Chicken Curry
photo by Tyetta M.
- Ready In:
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 medium onions, sliced lengthwise
- 2 large chicken breasts, boned and cut in 5cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch paste
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in heavy pot over high heat for about 30 seconds. Add garlic and fry until brown. Add onions and stir-fry for another 3 minutes.
- Remove onions and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in pot. Add chicken and curry powder. Stir fry 3 minutes. Add sugar, salt, soy sauce and water. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Mix in onions. Cover and simmer 10 minutes longer. Stir cornstarch and water mixture into chicken. Boil 1 minute or until thick.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!