Chinese Cabbage Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 head cabbage, chopped fine
- 6 ounces ramen noodles, crumbled (WITHOUT SEASONING, 2 packages)
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, slivered
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple or 20 ounces chunk pineapple
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice (from can of fruit)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup rice vinegar (seasoned)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Toast almonds and sesame seeds for 1 minute in oven or broil.
- Mix cabbage, uncooked ramen noodles, almonds, sesame seeds, green onion, and pineapple.
- In a separate container, mix salad oil, pineapple juice, water, rice vinegar, and sugar. Mix until sugar appears dissolved.
- Pour salad dressing over top of salad.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- You may add chunks of cooked chicken if you desire.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to try new recipes, and this is a wonderful site to find new additions. I rarely make the same thing twice because it's so much fun to try something different. My life long dream is to travel the world and eat my way around it.