Chilled Shrimp in Chinese Mustard Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A quick and easy recipe, the shrimp can be prepared up to one day in advance. If you are unable to find hot Chinese mustard or simply want a sauce with less heat, substitute a spicy brown or dijon-style mustard.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon szechwan pepper or 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 lb raw large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup prepared sweet and sour sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot Chinese mustard
- Combine water, wine, soy sauce and peppercorns in medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add shrimp; reduce heat to medium.
- Cover and simmer 2 to 3 minutes until shrimp are opaque.
- Drain well.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Combine sweet and sour sauce and mustard in small bowl; mix well.
- Serve as a dipping sauce for shrimp.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION