Chilled Moroccan Tomato Soup
- Ready In:
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1 quart chilled tomato juice
- 1⁄4 cup chilled orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- hot pepper sauce
- In a large plastic refrigerator container (Tupperware or Rubbermaid), mix together the first 5 ingredients; stir to mix.
- Using a small skillet, over low heat, warm the olive oil.
- Saute the garlic, cumin, paprika, and cinnamon, stirring constantly, for 1 minute; be careful not to scorch.
- Add the spice mixture to the soup.
- Add lemon juice, hot sauce, and salt to taste.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Excellent soup recipe. I like the use of orange juice. It seemed to cut some of the acidity from the tomato juice. The spices were outstanding and gave the overall flavor a Mediterranean influence. I thought it was cool and refreshing. I had it for lunch 3 days last week and found it very satisfying. Thanks for posting.