Chilled Avocado Citrus Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
The MOST delicious chilled soup I have ever had, this is from Nadsa De Monteiro of Elephant Walk, a French Cambodian Restaurant in the Boston area.
- Ready In:
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 quart orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or 2 tablespoons soybean oil
- 3 avocados, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2⁄3 cup button mushroom, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 cups plum tomatoes, diced without pulp
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped (per serving)
- Cover the chopped onion with salt for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Rinse the salt completely off the onion, drain and squeeze off excess water.
- Mix salt, black pepper, orange juice, lime juice, garlic and sugar. Stir to mix well.
- Add olive oil/soybean oil and mix well.
- Add the diced avocado, mushroom, tomatoes and onion. Stir gently now to mix well.
- Let chill for 1 hour before serving.
- When serving, add 1 Tablespoon of chopped cilantro to soup and stir to mix.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION