Chili With Noodles
Chili with Noodles is both easy to prepare and versatile; this is my version. You can use any kind of pasta, adjust the amount of water to obtain preferred consistency, and add or change the types of hot peppers to personalize the heat index.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion (fresh, chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (fresh, minced)
- 3 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 4 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes (mild or hot)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (preferred variety, mild, hot or xtreme)
- 1 tablespoon red pepper (ground or flakes)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles (uncooked)
- Brown ground beef with onion and garlic, then drain off excess fat.
- While browning, pour tomato sauce and water into large pot.
- Stir in chili powder, red pepper, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Add browned ground beef mixture. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add beans and noodles. Cook for additional 3-4 minutes, then turn off heat.
- Let the hot chili stand on the stove (10 minutes or so until noodles are cooked).
- Add more water if it's thicker than you prefer and/or when reheating leftover soup.