- Ready In:
- 1 lb 90% lean ground beef
- 1 cup salsa, mild
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped (reserve about 1/4 cup to garnish)
- 1 large clove, garlic-minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 -8 ounce wide egg noodles
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup shredded munster cheese-or cheddar cheese
- 1 beef steak, tomato-sliced thin-to garnish
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook and stir ground beef until browned with garlic, green onions, green peppers and all seasonings.
- 2. Stir in salsa and green chilies. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, cook egg noodles in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- 4. Serve meat mixture over noodles with sour cream and shredded cheese on top and garnish with sliced tomatoes and green onions.
- My Note: We love chili. When my family gets together in Nov. we always have a chili night and have big pots of chili and have chili dogs, nachos, chili spaghetti, etc. This will certainly be included in the menu. To turned the left over chili into chili stroganoff.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This dish is a nice take on chili and is just spicy enough for our tastes. It's a tasty way to serve up egg noodles and It reminds me of a dish my Mom used to make when we were kids, but it had alot more green bell pepper and chili powder and was served over rice. Served this dish with a side salad -- it made a really nice comfort meal. Made for PRMR, December, 2013.