Chili Mix in a Jar
With Fall here this would make a great gift for a friend.
- Ready In:
- 3 3 cups dried red beans or 3 cups dried kidney beans
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons dehydrated onion
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- Put beans into a jar or large bag.
- Combine spices into a small bag.
- Place the cans of tomato sauce and diced tomatoes in your gift basket.
- Wash beans. Put into pot with spices.
- Cook until done, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, brown 1 pound of ground beef and drain.
- Add meat, tomatoes and sauce to the beans.
- Simmer to blend flavors.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION