Chili Con Carne With Tomatoes
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A delicious chili recipe! From the 1973 Betty Crocker Cook Book.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- Cook and stir ground beef, onion and green pepper in large skillet, until meat is brown and onion is tender.
- Drain off fat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except kidney beans.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 2 hours, stirring occasionally (or cook uncovered about 45 minutes).
- Stir in beans; heat.
- Serves 4 or 5 (about 1 cup each).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION