Chili Con Carne
photo by diner524
- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 -2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can French onion soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1. Brown ground beef in skillet and drain fat.
- 2. Add chili powder and cook for a few minutes.
- 2. Add all remaining ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I just loved using the "French Onion Soup" instead of having to chop up an onion like I normally do. The only changes I made was to add a little dash of cayenne for a kick and cut back slightly on the oregano(to me, makes it taste more like spaghetti sauce). This is very good chili, although, I don't think it tasted like "Wendy's" chili, but to me, it was better!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for 2013 Spring PAC event.