Chili Cheese Pie
This a quick and easy favorite in our house. You will need either one large casserole dish or two small ones. The long kind (9x6, I think) will hold the whole recipe.
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can prepared chili (any brand is fine. I use the WalMart brand)
- 2 cups shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mild salsa
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced small
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 2 slices butter (3 if you have to use two casserole dishes)
- Mix egg, sugar, milk and cornbread mix.
- The box may call for less milk but a half cup makes the batter loose enough for this recipe.
- Butter your casserole dish and pour in batter. Set it aside.
- Mix onion, bell peppers, chickpeas, salsa, chili and half the cheese and spoon on top of the corn bread batter.
- Top with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until the cheese is browning and bubbling.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 8 more