Chili Bolognese Sauce
photo by Noo8820
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato puree, canned
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 3⁄4 lb spaghetti noodles, cooked
- Heat oil in pan, add onions and garlic, cook, stirring until onions are soft.
- Add ground beef, cook, stirring until well browned.
- Add crushed tomatoes, tomato puree, oregano and chili powder, bring to a boil, reduce heat simmer uncovered 20 minutes or until sauce is thick.
- Add beans and mushrooms, heat thoroughly: serve over hot spaghetti.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>? Hi! My name is Teresa.? My husband and I like to take RV trips but it seems lately we just us it for vintage motorcross races. I enjoy hiking, snowshoeing, have done some rock climbing but age is creeping up on my poor old bones. Anything to do with the outdoors I enjoy, so why do I live in rainy Washington state? We have 2 wonderful children, both grown. My son lives in LA and my daughter and her husband recently moved back in the area with their little boy...our grandson... who just turned?5 years old. We have a granddaughter who lives close by...she just turned 23 this year. She's a sweetheart.? Life is good when you have a son and a?daughter and they?gift?you with a granddaughter and grandson. :)??</p>