Chile Relleno Souffle
From Lost Valley Ranch!
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 1 (27 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- 5 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees, Layer 1/3 diced chiles in the bottom of a 4-quart baking dish. cover these with a layer of cheddar cheese. Layer in another 1/3 of the green chiles. Cover this with a layer of Jack cheese. Layer in the last of the green chiles.
- Separate the eggs. Beat the yolks then add the evaporated milk, flour, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff. Fold the whites into the yolk mixture and pour over the layered chile/cheese mixture. Bake for 2 hours, uncovered. Pour enchilada sauce over the top and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION