Chile Relleno Casserole With Fresh Chiles
- Ready In:
- 20 ounces whole green chilies
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 teaspoons cumin, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (13 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder, divided
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Rinse chiles, open flat and remove seeds.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Brown meat with onion and garlic, and drain fat from pan.
- Add 1 tsp cumin, half of the chili powder, and salt, and stir until well blended.
- In a greased 9x13 pan, layer chiles, beef, and another layer of chiles.
- Combine cheeses and sprinkle on top of layered mixture.
- Beat together eggs, milk, and flour, and pour over layers.
- Mix tomato sauce with 2 tsp cumin and remaining chili powder.
- Pour tomato mixture over all.
- Bake in 350 F oven for 30 to 45 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>When I joined Recipezaar in 2002, there were only 10,000 recipes, but I thought that was a LOT!! I quickly became addicted to this site and the friendly people I found here. Troy and Gay were the original owners of the site, and I miss them and their interaction with the members.</p> 8740471"