- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 6 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups grits, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 eggs, beaten (can use egg substitute)
- 1 lb longhorn cheese, shredded
- 3 teaspoons savory salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 dash paprika
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- In large saucepan, bring the water to a boil add grits and cook according to package directions.
- Add the remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- Pour into a 9x12 inch dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray and bake for 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- The dish can be prepared in advance and refrigerated until ready to bake.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
We had cheese grits for the first time at a BBQ restaurant last fall and I've been on the search for a recipe. This was really good! Served it to guests and our picky friend wanted to take home leftovers. I used Sharp Cheddar cheese and the rest was as is. I will cut back on the salt next time 2tsp of regular and 3tsp of Kosher salt was a bit too salty for my taste. Thanks so much for sharing - we'll be making this again.