Chickpea & Tomato Tagine
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A quick tagine that is versatile too - lunch, side dish, snack, or great with pork for a main.
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 8 ounces pumpkin, cut into cubes
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch saffron (optional)
- 5 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 14 ounces chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Heat a little oil in a large saucepan or casserole and add the cumin, paprika and ginger and stir.
- Add the vegetables and fry for 5 minutes, keeping them moving so they brown evenly.
- Add 1 cup of water, the saffron (if using), tomatoes and some seasoning, then bring to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes, then stir in the chickpeas and cook uncovered for a further 10 minutes until the veg is tender.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION