- Ready In:
- 3 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, not dried
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley, not dried
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 6 -8 tablespoons lemon juice, can use lime juice
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- In a large bowl, toss together the rinsed and drained chickpeas, onion, peppers, cilantro and parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the crushed garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and (optional) sugar.
- Pour the dressing over the salad mixture and gently toss to coat well.
Join The Conversation
Very good salad. I did not use the dried parsley nor did I use the sugar in the dressing. Other than that, I followed the recipe. It is very appealing to the eye with all the colours. I served this at a party and I had the leftovers with some chopped ham on a bed of rocket (arugula) for lunch today... yummy!
delicious salad. had leftover chickpeas from a soup i made and put this together. easy to make; followed recipe except for parsley as i had none on hand. i think the garlic cloves make such a difference over garlic powder so be sure not to substitute that. could be used as a meal in itself as it is very satisfying. thanks for the super recipe!!!!