Chickpea & Quinoa Patties
It wasn't until I moved to Australia and couldn't find canned black beans that I found out how beans are actually made - and what a brilliant enlightenment! Use fresh chickpeas for these, make such an outstanding difference! Easy to prepare in advance, I also make several batches and freeze.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup chickpeas, dry
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coriander
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white, only
- 1⁄2 cup dry quinoa
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1. Prepare chickpeas according to package directions.
- 2. Prepare the quinoa according to package directions (can use vegetable broth for a little added flavour).
- 3. Combine all ingredients in food processor until fairly smooth.
- 4. Form into patties, allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- 5. Heat barbecue to medium high, grill patties for 8-10 minutes, flipping once.