Chickpea and Black Bean Pita Pocket
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 2 cups lettuce (shredded ) or 2 cups spinach (shredded )
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups seedless grapes (i use red)
- 1⁄2 cup onions or 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 6 -8 pita bread rounds, halfed
- In a large bowl combine beans, grapes, lettuce, onions, bell pepper.
- In a small bowl combine the mayo and salad dressing mix well.
- serve in side pita pockets.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a stay at home mom to an 12 year old daughter and a 2 year old son. I have been married to my husband and best friend for 13 years now. He is in the military so we move a lot. We are currently stationed in Japan and the experience has been wonderful . I just recently discovered that I really enjoy cooking and I LOVE to bake. I am pretty good at it, at least I think I am. My husband doesn't give my any feedback (he will eat anything), so I have to rely on my daughter. I come from a family were dinner was the same thing almost every night (beans and potatoes). So I have had to learn pretty much everything on my own and with the help and patience of my Wonderful sister-in-law. I hope to take some cooking classes so I won’t have to call her so much. I am looking forward to finding new recipes and sharing some of my own. <img src="http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b158/bella_donata/My%20Art/Recipezaar/RedWhiteBlue.jpg" border="0" alt="Made by Bella14ragazza"> <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/Zaar%20World%20Tour%203/ZWT3-Participation.gif">