Chicken with Yogurt and Spices
- Ready In:
- Add the first 4 ingredients to a shallow dish; stir to mix well.
- Add the yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, and salt; stir to mix well.
- Add the chicken to the dish; spoon the sauce over the chicken to coat well.
- Cover with foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Spray broiler pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Take chicken out of marinade and drain well; discard marinade.
- Put chicken in the broiler pan.
- Broil 3 inches from heat source for about 5 minutes, turning once, or until chicken is browned and cooked through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Truly easy and fabulously tasty dish -- I couldn't find allspice (in UK) so used crushed cloves and that was fine. I think the spiciness of this dish is perfect and wouldnt adjust them at all. I have served this twice now with Recipe #18816 (Cabbage for those who dislike cabbage) and found it to be a good pairing. The cabbage is a nice mellow foil for the spicy chicken. I did mine on the broiler (actually a grill in the UK) and the timing was fine. Thanks, NurseDi, for another one!