Chicken With Water Chestnuts
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A stupendous chicken recipe you'll be sure to love and easy too!!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 6 chicken breasts
- 10 1⁄2 ounces condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 5 ounces sliced water chestnuts
- 1 small onion
- 6 ounces seasoned stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- Precook chicken with sliced onion, salt and pepper at 350°. If using boneless it is about 30 minute 5 minutes longer for bone-in chicken.
- Cool, remove from bone, discard skin. Cut into bite sized pieces, including the onion. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine soup, mayonnaise, celery and drained water chestnuts. Add chicken and mix together.
- Spread in a greased 9x13 baking pan.
- Combine stuffing mix with melted butter/margarine. Spread over chicken mixture and bake 45 minutes at 350° until lightly brown and bubbly at the edges.
- (I use Bell's stuffing mix. I have used others and it has been fine, but Stove Top is not the type to use.I have used light mayo and reduced fat soup but it's not as tasty).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I had some sliced fresh mushrooms and I had some cooked whole chicken breasts. I used two since they were so large.I used cream of chicken soup and also add some dried cilantro to the dressing. I used regular soup and mayonnaise. I prepared this in the morning and chilled, a great make ahead dish if the chicken is already cooked.I will prepare next time with just vegetables, dressing,mayo, cream of chicken soup & chow mein noodles on top. This is a great recipe!Reply