Chicken With Tomatoes, Avocado, Peas and Mint
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 7 ounces cherry tomatoes, on the vine
- 3 1⁄2 ounces frozen peas
- 4 lettuce, hearts leaves separated
- 1 ounce arugula
- 8 mint leaves
- 4 scallions, very thinly sliced
- 1 avocado
For the dressing
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon superfine sugar
- salt and pepper
- Whisk the oil, lime juice and some seasoning together in a shallow dish. Add the chicken breasts, turn to coat, then leave to marinate for 15-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400°F Roast the tomatoes in a non-stick roasting tin for 4-5 minutes, until the skins just burst. Remove from the oven and cut into small sprigs. Set aside.
- Drop the peas into a pan of salted boiling water, bring back to the boil, then drain. Refresh under cold water and drain well. Set aside.
- Scatter the lettuce, arugula, mint and scallions over 4 plates.
- Heat a non-stick griddle or frying pan over a high heat until smoking hot, then reduce the heat to medium. Cook the chicken for 6-8 minutes each side, until cooked through. Slice and place on the salad.
- Halve, stone and peel the avocado, then slice over the salad. Add the tomatoes and scatter with the peas.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together, season and spoon over the salad. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Manchester, UK with my fiance and young son. I work at the local hospital in pediatrics and love my job. I also love cooking!! I have a sweet tooth but try and make healthy family meals, I'm not against some lovely treats now and then though :)