Chicken With Thyme and Garlic Sauce (Crock Pot)
Adopted from BH&G Slow cooker and 5 ingredients or less book. If you like the subtle flavor of garlic you will love this simple to make dinner.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 6 cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3 -4 lbs whole skinless chicken breasts, with bone
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Sprinkle garlic and thyme over chicken. Place chicken in crock pot.
- Pour orange juice and vinegar over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low 5 hours, high 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove chicken from crock pot and put on a platter.
- Skim off fat from cooking juices.
- Strain juice in saucepan, bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer and reduce juice to 1 cup.
- Serve in a bowl with spoon for chicken and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made this with just a few small changes ~ I made this with 4 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite-size pieces) & used almost 3/4 cup of fresh orange juice along with all the zest (minced) from 1 large orange (I LOVE the taste)! That all made for A VERY NICE TASTING chicken dish! [Tagged, made & reviewed for the All Aboard! French Challenge during ZWT5]Reply
see 3 more