Chicken With Piquillo, Tomatoes, and Olives
photo by Marlitt
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup Spanish olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2-pounds)
- 2 large sweet green bell peppers, cut in 1/2-inch squares (about 2 cups)
- 2 large onions, cut in thin wedges (about 2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (about 1 large clove)
- 1 lb plum tomato, chopped (about 2 1/2-cups)
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄2 cup jarred spanish piquillo pepper, cut in chunks can substitute 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- 1⁄2 cup small pitted spanish green olives, sliced
- In a cup, combine salt, pepper and paprika; sprinkle on both sides of chicken.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Add chicken, green peppers, onion and garlic to skillet; cook, stirring frequently and turning chicken to brown on both sides, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add tomatoes and bouillon granules; cook uncovered, stirring until tomatoes are softened, about 10 minutes. Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat to medium; cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in piquillo peppers and olives and cook just until heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve over saffron rice, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This has to be one of the best main dish recipes I've gotten from the zaar to date. The vegetables and sauce are just out of this world. I can't believe how easy it was and yet turned out so good. I used fresh diced plum tomatoes, and roasted red peppers out of a jar(no gas in the bbq). I served this with fusselli pasta and salad. This will be made often. Thank you so for posting this great recipe. Made for ZWT III.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As a transplanted Texan I love spicy foods and love to tweek recipes to include a little kick. I am a dialysis nurse and have two grown children living in VA and MA.<br /><br /><a href=http://phpweby.com/service/visitormap/ target=_blank><img title=World Visitor Map! src=http://m.phpweby.com/1709.png alt=Visitor Map /></a> <br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><a href=http://www.amazingcounter.com><img src=http://cb.amazingcounters.com/counter.php?i=2354074&c=7062535 border=0 alt=Free Web Site Hit Counter /></a><a href=http://www.flowerdeliverydeals.com>Comparison Shopping</a></p>