Chicken With Mushroom Curry Sauce
photo by English Sunset
- Ready In:
- 680 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 25 g butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small crushed garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons mild curry powder
- 1 tablespoon brandy (optional)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 125 g mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 2 red chilies, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter
- fresh ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the onion until soft. Add the curry powder and cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously. Add the chicken breasts and cook until golden on both sides.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in another frying pan and fry the mushrooms and chilli on a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and keep warm. Add the brandy to the hot pan, then pour in the stock. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly, then return the chicken to the pan. Cook for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally to coat, until the chicken is thoroughly cooked. Stir in the coconut cream and peanut butter and heat through. Season to taste.
- Serve with savoury rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!