Chicken With Mushroom Cream Sauce
ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! Tender and moist pieces of chicken in a savory mushroom cream sauce. A specialty dinner to impress your family. Easy and quick preparation! (I have used chicken tenders with success.)
- Ready In:
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to flaten.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt, basil and thyme. Using a large saucepan over low heat, saute chicken breasts in olive oil until juices run clear -- approximately 10-15 minutes. Turn heat off, cover with lid and allow chicken to remain in pan for 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan saute mushrooms in olive oil. Add minced garlic and wine.
- Remove chicken from large saucepan to a plate.
- Place mushroom mixture in large saucepan and stir to loosen brown bits from bottom of pan. Allow mushrooms to simmer approximately 2 minutes.
- Add heavy cream. In a small cup, dissolve cornstarch with cold water and add to cream. Heat and stir until sauce thickens.
- Place chicken breasts back in pan and spoon sauce over chicken. Allow chicken to reheat. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. Serve with pasta of choice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Yummy... This sauce is rich and creamy. For added flavor I added additional garlic (never can have enough), a couple splashes of worcestershire sauce and a large tablespoon of fresh chopped italian parsley. I also used a variety of mushrooms (shiitake, crimini, and button). (made and reviewed for NZ/AUS recipe swap #26 March '09)