Chicken With Garlic, Basil & Parsley
from Allrecipes - the Daily Dish
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley, divided
- 1 tablespoon dried basil, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon parsley and 1 teaspoon basil evenly over the bottom of the baking dish. Arrange chicken breast halves in the dish, and sprinkle evenly with garlic slices.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining 2 teaspoons parsley, remaining 2 teaspoons basil, salt, and red pepper; sprinkle over the chicken. Top with tomato slices.
- Bake covered in the preheated oven 25 minutes. Remove cover, and continue baking 15 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Very tasty and attractive chicken dish. Everyone enjoyed it. The tomatoes were what really made it special, as they imparted a deliciously sweet flavour and kept the chicken very moist. However, the inside of the chicken was slightly bland and perhaps next time I will make a marinade out of the spices for it. But overall, a very good recipe that i will probably make again. *Made for Spring PAC 2009*Reply
We had a lot of fresh basil and parsley in our garden that needed to be used, so we used that instead of dried. Also only used 2 breasts but kept the rest of the recipe the same (they were big-ish breasts). The tomatoes are a delightful touch and the chicken came out nice and juicy. Ate it with garlic & olive oil cous cous on the side. Very tasty dish! Thank you. There are so few recipes that call for basil and parsley together, and we always have a lot of it handy so it was nice to put them together.Reply