Chicken With Garlic, Anchovies and Rosemary and Baked Fennel
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 2 kg whole chickens (free-range big0)
- 3 garlic cloves (16 slivers of garlic needed)
- 16 rosemary sprigs
- 16 anchovy fillets
- 1 lemon (juice of)
- 100 g creme fraiche
- 4 shallots (peeled and cut in half)
- 150 g creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoons tarragon leaves
- sea salt
- 2 fennel bulbs (trimmed and cut in chunks)
- extra virgin olive oil (to drizzle over)
- Pierce the chicken in 16 places with a sharp knife and insert in each spot the sliver of garlic, rosemary sprig and a anchovy.
- squeeze over the lemon juice and spread over the creme fraiche and cover with plastic and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Combine the stuffing ingredients and stuff the chicken.
- After seasoning, roast the chicken at 180C for 1 hour, then add the fennel, drizzled with a little oil and cook with the chicken for another 30 to 45 minutes (internal temperature should be 180F/82C at the thickest part - suggest the thigh).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With the demise of the forums and with no more interaction on site with what was a great community and it was a pleasure to get to know so many of you over the years and to have had the privilege of meeting some of you in person. For me now this is just another recipe site like to many on the net, it has lost its specialness, such a pity especially when Scripps changed the name from Recipezaar to Food.com and made this statement sorry cannot replicate here as considered invalid but they basically said yes the community was valuable hence .com was short for community but it was a pack of lies as they were not willing to put the money into that community and got rid of the forums which was the community so for .com has become .crap.