Chicken With Clementine & Cranberry Sauce
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 1 roasting chicken (4 lbs)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clementine, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice, fresh from 2 oranges
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water (or may substitute Madeira wine)
- 6 clementines, sectioned to equal 2 cups
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Remove and discard giblets and neck from chicken. Rinse chicken with COLD water and pat dry. Trim excess fat. Starting at neck cavity, loosen skin from breast and drumsticks by inserting fingers gently pushing between skin and meat.
- Rub salt and pepper under loosened skin and sprinkle in body cavity; then place clementine QUARTERS in cavity.
- Place chicken, breast side down, on a broiler pan. Insert a meat thermometer into meaty part of thigh, making sure not to touch bone.
- Bake at 450F for 25 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350F and turn chicken breast side up; bake at 350F for 1 hour or until thermometer registers 180°F.
- Cover chicken loosely with foil and let stand 10 minutes; then remove skin and discard.
- Make the sauce by placing the orange juice, cranberries, and sugar in a medium saucepan. Cook at medium high for 5 minutes or until the cranberries pop. Then add chicken broth.
- Combine the cornstarch and water (or wine if you choose) in a small dish and stir into the cranberry mixture. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in the clementine sections.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm one of the original members of RecipeZaar and an active member in the old forums. I loved meeting so many wonderful people from across the globe in what were truly amazing forums and during events on the site which encouraged interaction. I miss those forums and am saddened that this is now just another recipe collection site. I will always come back here as I have so many recipes saved of my own and tried many gems. I hope you are able to find something you like.</p>