Chicken With Chickpeas and Olives
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a one-pot dish that is perfect for reheating for shabbat lunch. The recipe comes from a cookbook published by an Israeli supermarket chain.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- 1 roasting chicken, divided into 8 pieces
- salt and pepper
- oil (for frying)
- 2 green peppers, cut into small cubes
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 small hot pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup canned chick-peas
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups chicken soup
- 2 cups of pitted olives, both green and black
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Coat chicken pieces with salt and pepper, brown in hot oil on both sides. Remove from pan.
- Brown onions and peppers in oil. Add crushed garlic and spices.
- Add chickpeas, rice, and chicken soup. Mix well and remove from stove.
- Spread chicken and olives on top of the vegetable-rice mixture. Cover and bake in a medium oven (180°C) for an hour and a half.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION