Chicken With Cauliflower and Olives
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 small shallot, very finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup nicoise olive, cut in half and pitted
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, germ removed and thinly sliced
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the marinade: mix the honey, shallot, olive oil, lemon juice, olives and garlic together.
- Place the chicken breasts in a glass baking dish. Pour the marinade over the chicken, turning to completely coat. Marinate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 475°F.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator. Place the cauliflower florets around the chicken and spoon over the marinade. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 375F and roast for another 25-35 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- Place a chicken breast on each of 4 plates. Add some of the cauliflower and spoon over the sauce. Serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I do love a good cauli dish and I thought this was great. I used boneless skinless chicken breasts that I cut into strips but otherwise I left the recipe as is. I thought there was a bit too much liquid at the end so I might leave the top off the casserole dish for the last 10 minutes next time. It was missing that real melt-in-your-mouth roasted cauliflower 'feel' but it was almost there.<br/><br/>This is not very strongly flavoured so don't be shy about adding more garlic or olives to it. I served it on a bed of brown rice with a side salad and it easily served 4.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm an Arizona native, raising two young boys, and loving every moment of life! I'm a stay-home mom, scrapbooker, and avid reader. I love to cook - especially bake and grill. We grill year-round. That's one great thing about living in the desert! I've joined Recipezaar to organize my thousands of recipes and to experiment more with cooking. Love this place!</p>