Chicken With Black Eyed Peas and Yellow Rice
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a recipe from Patti Labelle
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenders
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon blsack pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked yellow rice mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook 4 minutes, or until soft. Add garlic and chicken and cook until chicken is browned.
- Stir in the broth, poultry seasoning, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and salt. Bring mixture to a boil over high heat.
- Stir in rice and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook until rice is almost tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in peas and thyme. Cover and cook until heated through, about 10 minutes more.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION