Chicken with Basil Cream Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place milk in a shallow bowl.
- Place the bread crumbs and garlic powder in another shallow bowl.
- Dip the chicken in the milk, then coat the chicken well with the bread crumbs.
- Place the butter and olive oil in a skillet and heat till butter melts over medium heat.
- Brown the chicken over medium heat in the butter and olive oil mixture.
- Keep chicken warm in preheated oven.
- Add broth to skillet and bring to a boil over medium heat, scraping up the browned bits from skillet.
- Stir in cream and pimentos, boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat and while stirring constantly add the cheese, basil, salt and pepper.
- Cook until heated through.
- Mix cornstarch with a bit of water and stir into sauce if sauce needs thickening.
- Place chicken on platter, and pour sauce over chicken before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Hi: I tried this recipe also. It is very good. Unfortunately I overcooked the sauce and it curdled. Still tasted good but wasn't as pretty as the picture. Also, I used Italian seasoned bread crumbs and just milk as I did not have cream on hand. This is a definite keeper and will do better next time with not overcooking the sauce. Thanks for posting. Toni in Colorado