Chicken With Asparagus, Mushroom & Thyme
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon Season-All salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 pounds, pounded)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut (1/2 inch pieces)
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves, lightly crushed
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- Sprinkle Season-All on both sides of chicken. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove chicken from skillet; cover with foil to keep warm.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet. Add asparagus, mushrooms and onion; cook and stir 5 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch and thyme in small bowl. Stir in broth and wine. Add to skillet; stirring constantly, cook 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in half-and-half. Cook until heated through. Serve over chicken.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have lived in Maryland all my life. I am a very easy going person. I enjoy many things, but lean towards the simple things in life. You won't catch me sky diving or mountain climbing (smile). I like to keep my feet planted firmly on the ground, but you might find me taking a stroll through the park with my son, planting flowers in my garden, painting and cooking. One of my favorite things to do is "of course" cook. I love to try new recipes and I am always looking on-line for something new. When I found this website, I just had to join. Recipezaar had so many wonderful recipes to choose from that I decided right then and there to make it my number one search engine.