Chicken W/Cashews and Snow Peas
Having bought a new Wok recently (yeah another cooking gadget) I pulled out this Chinese cookbook, I love this recipe which comes from the book "The art of Wok cooking".
- Ready In:
- 2 -3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 -3 tablespoons cornstarch (UK cornflour)
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 20 snow peas, ends and strings removed
- 1 cup sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 cup hot chicken stock
- 1 pinch salt (or to taste)
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- Marinate chicken for 15-30 minutes in mixture of the first 5 ingredients.
- Heat oil in uncovered wok until temps reach 375% degrees.
- Add chicken mixture and stir fry for 3-5 minutes.
- Add snow peas and water chestnuts stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add chicken stock and salt, stir fry until slightly thickened.
- Stir in cashews and cook for a few seconds.
- Serve immediately over noodles or rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION