Chicken, Vegetable, and Orzo Soup
- Ready In:
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut up
- 2 celery, stalks cut up
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, cut up
- 1 garlic clove
- 8 cups chicken stock, reduced sodium
- 2 chicken breast halves, about 1 #, boned and skinned, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄3 cup orzo, uncooked
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, fresh and chopped
- In a food processor: add carrots, celery, onion and garlic. Chop coursely.
- In a large soup pot over high heat; bring the stock to a boil.
- Add the vegetables, chicken, orzo and seasonings.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered until the chicken and vegetables are tender, about 15 -20 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi there! Originally CHICAGOLAND CHEF DU JOUR, I like to think of myself as a fantastic home cook with a flair for the gourmet. I have gotten & shared many recipes since I became a member in 2007. Although I have not been active in a few years, I still return to look for recipes from some of my fave chefs. Thanks to all you have helped me over the years and thanks a bunch to any and all reviews.