Chicken Tortellini Bake With Banana Cake Bon Bons
photo by Publix Aprons Simpl
- Ready In:
- 1 (9 ounce) package three-cheese tortellini
- 1 (24 ounce) jar vodka pasta sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sweet pepper, bruschetta topping (or roasted red peppers)
- 2 large eggs, beaten (or 1/2 cup egg substitute)
- 1 (6 ounce) package refrigerated Italian cheese, bread crumb mix
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
Banana Cake Bon Bons
- 10 ounces lb cake, thawed (1/2 of a 20 oz cake)
- nonstick aluminum foil
- 1 large banana
- 2 cups vanilla pudding
- 2 (7 ounce) containers dipping chocolate
- decorating candy sprinkles (optional)
Chicken Tortellini Bake:
- Preheat oven to 375°F Toss pasta with vodka sauce and bruschetta topping; place in 9-inch square baking dish.
- Place eggs in shallow bowl; place bread crumb mix in second bowl. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Dip chicken into egg (allowing excess to drip off). Finally, coat chicken with bread crumb mixture; press with fingertips to coat evenly. Arrange chicken on top of pasta (wash hands). Bake 30-35 minutes or until chicken is 165°F.
- Top pasta with cheese; bake 2-3 more minutes or until cheese melts. Let stand 5 minutes to cool. Chop basil; sprinkle over top and serve.
- Nutritional Information: CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 580kcal; FAT 32g; CHOL 170mg; SODIUM 1270mg; CARB 34g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 37g; VIT A 20%; VIT C 50%; CALC 50%; IRON 15%.
Banana Cake Bon Bons:
- Remove cake from packaging and cut in half (reserve remaining half for another use); slice cake thinly. Let stand 10 minutes to thaw.
- Line baking sheet with foil. (Be sure pan will fit in your freezer.).
- Mash banana in medium bowl; crumble pound cake and add to banana. Stir in pudding, blending until consistency of soft dough.
- Roll cake mixture into 1-inch balls (or form with a portion scoop). Place on baking sheet; freeze 10-15 minutes to harden balls.
- Melt chocolate following package instructions. Dip cake balls into chocolate using two forks; letting excess chocolate drip off. Place balls on baking sheet; immediately top with sprinkles and let chocolate harden. Store in refrigerator or freezer until ready to serve. (Makes 24 bon bons.).
- Nutritional Information: CALORIES (per 1/12 recipe) 300kcal; FAT 17g; CHOL 35mg; SODIUM 125mg; CARB 37g; FIBER 0g; PROTEIN 4g; VIT A 4%; VIT C 2%; CALC 6%; IRON 2%.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!