Chicken Timbales With Red Pepper Coulis
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1⁄2 lb ground chicken
- 3 tablespoons butter, and
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
Red Pepper Coulis
- 4 large red bell peppers, roasted, peeled and seeded
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Place ground chicken in food processor and process till chicken is pureed very finely. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 210 degrees. Butter six half cup ramekins very well.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt the 3 T butter. Whisk in flour a little at a time and cook over medium heat until all of flour is incorporated into butter. Whisk in milk, stirring until the mixture is thick and smooth, then continue to cook for 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and cool briefly.
- Whisk in eggs, salt, freshly ground pepper and nutmeg. Stir in pureed chicken.
- Spoon mixture into prepared ramekins.
- Set in oven on cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes, then increase heat to 250 degrees for 20 minutes or until a knife in the center comes out clean. Take ramekins out of oven and allow to rest briefly.
- While timbales are baking, prepare coulis.
Red Pepper Coulis:
- Puree red peppers in food processor to make a cream.
- In a small pan, melt the butter, then add garlic, anchovy paste, olive oil and peppers and cook slowly over low heat for about 10 minutes. At the end, stir in cream.
- Salt to taste.
- To serve, smooth a wash of coulis on each plate, unmold timbale and set in center of the sauce. Pass extra sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I went to culinary school and am really focusing my culinary attention on losing weight and keeping it off! I am always looking for great ways to tweak recipes to make them low cal/low carb.