Chicken Thighs With Garlic and Lime
This healthy recipe serves 2 so adjust recipe if needed. From Cooking Light, May 2001.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 (6 ounce) skinless chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoons lime juice.
- Rub this mixtrue all over the chicken and place the chicken parts in an ovenproof skillet.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1 tablespoons lime juice, chicken stock, and the vinegar and pour over the chicken. Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Remove from the heat and cover the skillet with foil and place in the oven for 30 minutes or until done (thermometer registers 180 degrees F.).
- Remove the chicken and keep warm. Place the skillet on the burner again and over medium hight heat, bring the liquid to a boil. Cook until reduced to a 1/4 cup, about 3 minutes. Spoon sauce over chicken and sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Mmmmm. This is good. The more I ate the better it tasted, ended up licking the plate. Bad Kelly. lol. Used 1 cup of chicken broth, then added a bit of cornstarch at the end to have a bit more sauce. Added 1/2 cup red onion, chopped. Omitted the cilantro as didn't have any. Prepared this as a skillet dinner: browned chicken, removed, softened onions & spices, added broth & chicken back in, covered & lightly simmered 20 mins. Served with rice and sliced tomatoes. Delicious.Reply
see 2 more