Chicken Thighs With Balsamic Vinegar
photo by breezermom
- Ready In:
- Heat a large frying pan on medium high heat and add olive oil.
- Rinse thighs with cold water and pat dry with paper towelling.
- Season thighs with salt and pepper.
- Brown chicken thighs well on all sides, about 3 minutes.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium and cook for approximately 25 minutes or until thights are almost cooked through, depending on size, turning once during cooking.
- Add shallots, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until they soften.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar and cook for 1 minute longer. Turn chicken to coat thoroughly.
- Serve chicken thighs with cooked rice and spoon sauce over thighs.
- NOTE: Although 10 year old Balsamic Vinegar is best, 6 year old also gives you a very good tasting chicken.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Burnaby, British Columbia. I am retired and have written a cookbook entitled, From Uncle Bill's Kitchen. I am a recipe developer, author, publisher, distributor and a chef. My cookbook is very unique as I have a Nutrient Analysis for each ingredient used in each recipe that shows you the values for Calories, Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium. A high-lighted bar shows the values on a per serving basis plus the Fat/Cal%. From Uncle Bill's Kitchen contains tried-and-true, tested, easy to follow reipes for both novice and experienced cooks. You'll find old Russian, Ukrainian, and other ethnic favorites, along with modern West Coast dishes. The Nutrient Analysis will please the health conscious. Uncle Bill's favorite recipes will reward efforts of the most creative cook and provide the family with many tantalizing, healthful meals. I have appeared on 48 various Television Shows in Vancouver, Burnaby, Kelowna and Kamploops, B.C. Canada, as well as in Palm Springs, CA. In Palm Springs, CA, I have been a Guest on the JACKIE OLDEN RADIO SHOW and THE JOEY ENGLISH RADIO SHOW, twice a year since 1998. I also do demo cooking shows at CHAPTERS BOOK STORES, SAVE-ON-FOOD STORES, GALLOWAY'S FOODS, WESTMINSTER PUBLIC QUAY MARKET, and in the U.S. at BARNES & NOBLE BOOKSTORES in Palm Springs, CA, Phoenix and Yuma, AZ. I was in Palm Springs, CA from June 10th to July 14th. 2002 and again appeared twice on the Jackie Olden Show, twice on the Joey English Show and pre-taped a TV COOKING SHOW with Jackie Olden that is aired on TV from Palm Springs, CA to Los Angeles, CA.